All 30 art Reviews

Storm Gulch Storm Gulch

Still...

Again, a very dreamy landscape. I simply love them. Wants you to be a bird and view all of this land... Love the light colours, and how the pic gets darker to the right side. A nice story-starter, I guess. Keep going!

Cove Cove

Again a journey...

I simply LOVE this pic. The waves are great, suggesting a wild sea. The red background, viewed through the jail-like-window tells about something cursed... maybe the sky itself?
Again, this makes my mind wandering around in fantasy. Great work!

automagicashie responds:

Wandering around in a fantasy! The paintings might come together into an Odyssey-like journey!

Inspiration. Thanks for the comment!

Complicated Natural Scenery Complicated Natural Scenery

Imaging...

Mountains... for me, it looks like that. The green ones are smaller and the blue ones tower over them. I like the "shading" of the blue constructs, if one can call it this. It think this picture takes one's mind to a journey...

automagicashie responds:

Thanks for the insightful thoughts. I want to take this picture a step further someday, somehow. I hope the shading added depth, maybe I could intensify that a little more. Thanks again!

Resting Spirit Resting Spirit

Great

I totally have to agree with you on your comment... Tigers and cats are fascinating...
The tiger itself is well done, you did a great job there. I also like the background, it suggests, deep and dark jungle and gives the picture something mysterious.
Just one question: What were the techniques you used for this?

automagicashie responds:

Thank you for the insightful comments! Glad to know the background works ;)

I used acrylic paint on primed paper, but before that I actually sketched the tiger roughly with ballpoint pen to get the feel for it, and after that worked intermittently on painting the background and the tiger's body.

It took a few hours of work, but I feel content with the outcome.

Roc Concept Roc Concept

Amazing!

As usual... awesome does not even begin to cover that. I could just knee down when looking at those wings... I love the details in them.

Midna Lisa Midna Lisa

Great

I have always been for more of the "beautiful" Midna in Zelda. Never thought one would make such an adorable and fascinating pic of her. I have to admit that I would not have recognized that It looks like Mona Lisa if you had not mentioned it. I really love the shading and how detailed everything is and the pose is perfect for Midna.
Love your pics, keep it up!

Melodi Melodi

"Nothing fancy"? O.O

The figure and the lighting are awesome. I like her pose - she really looks like she doesn't care about a thing. Great work, love it. ;)

Inner Spirit Inner Spirit

Good

For you first attempt in drawing a person, I have to admit it is astonishing. But as you wrote, I would be happy to give you some advice about this:
The upper curve you made in the nose looks a little bit odd. just make the line straight, this will look better.
The right line of the face is too straight, then. The line should come forward at the forehead to the brows, then at the eyes make a small curve in the inward direction, then a curve in the outward direction, to draw the cheekbone. Then make the line again straight until you reach the chin.
The shading is good and you definitely have great talent.
For the tiger - I LOVE IT! KEEP IT UP!

ArticWolf811 responds:

thanx dude and i can see wat ur sayin bout the right side of the face and ive been tryin to wrk on tht recently, but the nose is kinda meant to b lik tht cus i was actually drawing a friend of mine and he has a bit of a slant to his nose lik tht but now tht u say it, it does seem lik "too" much of a slant.....but ill keep those things in mind nxt time

Paris Statue Paris Statue

Very Nice

I have to admire how adept you are at using watercolours. I always get screwed up with them. Great work, keep it up!

Guild Wars Ranger Guild Wars Ranger

WOW

The lighting, the position, the figure itself... perfect. More, more of this! ;)